For some, it's a no-brainer that to hit a pothole spells some serious damage to your vehicle. To others, it comes as a surprise that the sudden jolt from the run-in with the pothole resulted in costly repairs following the breakdown of other systems/parts of the car.
With a Hyundai Elantra, it doesn't seem to be a fair deal, which is why the experts at Fuccillo Imports in Watertown have come up with the following tips on what individual drivers should do after they"ve hit a pothole.
Who wouldn't want to protect a car that turns heads with its style, with the plethora of upscale and modern tech and a comfortable cabin, from damage? True, it has long warranty coverage, but it's still your own baby. But navigation around them is not so easy, particularly when there are not-so-visible potholes on road.
- You can maintain the suggested tire air pressure and they'll provide due cover for your wheel rims over broken pavement. Keep them too-soft or too-firm and you won't be doing any good to your vehicle.
- Following driving etiquettes such as driving slow during damp weather or keeping enough space between you and the driver in front helps. You can spot the pothole coming and stop or at least minimize the havoc it creates.
What's All This Talk about Pothole Damage and What to Do When You Hit One
It's not just the tire wear or puncture or even the damage to the wheel rim you better be worrying about. While they are the most obvious ones, the damage can also be regarding engine, suspension, exhaust system, and misalignment of the steering system.
The best thing to do if you suspect it is to assess the damage as soon as possible and to bring in your Hyundai Elantra for a professional inspection. The following are the red flags that should alert you.
- The sidewalls of the tires tend to bulge visibly and need to be addressed IMMEDIATELY.
- The undercarriage of Elantra will suffer a dent and if left untreated, will cause fluids to leak and rust.
- There will be strange noises coming out of the exhaust system.
- The damage to the car's suspension and steering, determining your handling and overall ride quality, will cause loss of control and you"d notice the car bouncing very much or swaying extraordinarily when you make a turn.
Bottom line is, you don't wait it out once you have these signs from your Hyundai Elantra. Contact us at Fuccillo Imports in Watertown for more tips on dealing with potholes.
Fuccillo Imports of Watertown: Northern New York State’s new & used auto dealer specializing in Hyundai, Mazda, Subaru and Suzuki cars, trucks, SUVs, hybrids, and crossovers. Located in Watertown, New York. Serving all of Jefferson County, Syracuse, Rome, Oneida, Liverpool, Fort Drum, Utica, Pulaski, Fulton, Potsdam and Ogdensburg, NY.
This entry was posted in Fuccillo Imports of Watertown and tagged Fuccillo Imports, syracuse, Syracuse Hyundai, Syracuse Hyundai Elantra, Syracuse Used Hyundai, watertown, Watertown Hyundai, Watertown Hyundai Elantra, Watertown Used Hyundai on 05/15/2015 at 2:04 PM